A Course in Nursing Is a Blessing for Nursing Aspirants
When a student thinks about getting admission in one of the universities to study in Australia, he is looking at immense career advancement. The University of Wollongong (UOW) is ranked among the topmost 1% of the universities in Australia having a rank of 218 in QS world university rankings 2016-2017.
As Einstein has rightly said, “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious”, students are encouraged to learn by questioning at UOW. This university has made a name for itself as a leading education provider in the field of medicine and studies because of the huge focus on the concept of ‘enquiry-based learning’.
The teachers at this university are also well-equipped to make students get acquainted with the requisite education in the most advanced way with the right combination of technology and maintaining the academic strength of this course due to their top-notch degree levels. The students are also assessed well for their skills. The practical training which is given to students during their courses is also extremely useful during their jobs.
What is BNOQN?
Are you interested in learning about nursing? Then it’s important to know about the BNOQN course of the University of Wollongong. This course is a boon for those who aspire to become nurses and get jobs abroad. It stands for Bachelor of Nursing (Overseas Qualified Nurses). It has a course duration of 2 years and the students also get to have an off-campus working experience of 19 weeks. The course allows students to gain practical experience through clinical placement services. It’s because through these 19 weeks, the students are given practical training in the Nursing Simulation laboratories of this university and they get to imbibe the practical skills required for operating as real life nurses. The employment prospects are also amazing after passing out as nurses from this university. They have high employment rates of 96.4% within 4 months of passing out from UOW. After completing this course, the students can pursue jobs in distinct fields such as biomedical researcher, counselor, health worker, dietitian, industry health worker, psychologist etc. The students are able to get high salary rates of 50,000 to 55,000 AUD a year before taxes. After this experience, there are very lucrative jobs for nurses in Australia and they can earn up to 73,910 AUD yearly which is a national average.
Attending orientation is important
Since the university aims to enroll the most interested of students, it holds a 3-week orientation course prior to the starting of this course which is mandatory for students to attend. If a student fails to attend this orientation, he won’t be allowed to attend this program. During this orientation itself which is structured into workshops and simulations, the students are required to face assessments and clear them. If unable to clear such assessments, they are denied admission into the BNOQN program.
As per the employment predictions made for the different occupations, the occupation of registered nurses (ANZSCO code 2544) has an employment growth rate of 20% from 2015-2020 which amounts to 51,400 in numbers.
There are high employment prospects for students in Australia in the nursing sector itself. The growth prospects in the health care and social assistance sector in Australia are about 250,200 in the next 4 years till 2020. Hence, the BNOQN is one of the best courses for the students. If students opt for a 3-year program, it can cost them up to 33,000 AUD a year whereas it is significantly less in this course at 26,000 AUD per year.
The students are required to fulfill the following criteria for getting admission into the BNOQN course of this university:
· The students must have scored 6.5 in all bands of IELTS and an overall score of 6.5. They should also have a mandatory score of 88 as an overall score in TOEFL (Internet-based) and 20 in each of the bands.
· For students to be enrolled in this program, it’s important to have registration as nurses in India. To be registered as a nurse in India, a student needs to have cleared the General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) exam conducted by Indian Nursing Council which is of duration of 3 and half years. To appear for this exam, a student should have registration as an Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM) worker apart from having 40% marks in 10+2 Arts or Science Stream.
· The students who are pursuing their high school through international bachelorette program (IB) need to have a score of 26-27.
· Before their placements as nurses in any hospital in this country, it’s important for the students to have cleared a national criminal record check.
· They should also have cleared the immunization requirements set up by NSW (New South Wales) health system before getting employed in any hospital here. These immunization procedures include assessment and then vaccination against particular infectious diseases.
The course offers comprehensive study material to students, which includes preparation for all kinds of nursing needs and challenges:
· Acute care: This is meant for people who are suffering from a unique illness.
· Aged care: Nursing of older people
· Community and primary care: Meant for nursing needs of private clinics.
· Mental health conditions: These nursing needs can occur during different times in the lives of a patient, whether he is brought to a hospital or inside his house.
Official working of the university
· The university also provides students with an online page containing their enrolment records accessible via username and passwords which can be used by students and other interested parties like prospective employers to view their details.
· Alumni who don’t have any accounts on the university website, can login to see their enrollment records through their student ID barcode.
· The university also provides students with transcripts bearing the official holograms and Higher Education statements of Australia after they pass out.
, Nancy Damon ,http://ezinearticles.com/expert/Nancy_Damon/2328118