10 Best Tips to Get High GMAT Math Score
A high score in the GMAT test is necessary to find accession in topmost business schools. The test is made of three parts: GMAT Verbal, math and Analytical Writing. Usually GMAT examination takers earn years of schooling and practice in the verbal and writing part. Nevertheless, the same is not true for math. A high GMAT score, hence, is for the most part contingent on high math score. What can students do to get a high score in mathematics? What are the better methods and schemes that are taught in effective Courses? The crest 10 strategies on mathematics training are named below.
1. High school mathematics: The domains in mathematics screened in the test are not different from what one has studied in the high school days. In fact, the program of GMAT mathematics is shorter than what one may have studied many years ago in the school days. The problem is that one may not easily retrieve or recall what one has seen several years ago. A great course of action, either self – built or complete review schoolroom, should consequently, first accentuate and assist in recollecting what one already knows. hence, to receive started, GMAT aspirants should just pull out old high school books and acquaint themselves with rules and concepts described there.
2. Various structure: While the GMAT course content is specific and based on high school math, what makes the test tough in the way questions are asked. How frequently is an individual required to resolve a ‘ data – sufficiency ‘ question, either in high school days days or now? Never! Likewise, the word problems in the GMAT examination expect a good reading of the way the question is being asked. Needless to say, most of of high scorers do acquaint and train themselves in learning the structure of exam and practice working within the framework of the GMAT structure.
3. Computer – adaptive Test: The GMAT mathematics is not only unique in the way test questions are asked, but the order and trouble of math is also very unique. Experts contend that a high GMAT score is dependent on the ability to undertake the adaptive way of the exam. Since the level of difficulty of a average question is dependent on correctness of the previous response, all test – takers feel challenged when taking the examination in the gmat simulated environment. Thus, learning how to face difficult proving conditions may carry many advantages. In short, pupils may wish to build stamina to handle with hard GMAT math questions without feeling stressed out.
4. Word Problems: Studies hold expressed that pupils, who earn high score, are exceedingly good at solving the word problems. There are two reasons for that: ( 1 ) about one – third of all math questions are word – problems and ( 2 ) cracking word – problems does not demand learning a new mathematics topic. Experts conclude that high scorers earn one thing in general – they take mastered the art of transforming the given GMAT mathematics problem from English statements ( word and sentences ) to arithmetic / algebra forms thus getting it mathematically answerable. The rule of thumb is simple: interpret word problems word-by-word in the identical order. Upon correct translation, one could see how difficult looking problems become easy and solvable. All good course train examination takers in the word trouble transformation process.
5. Practice, Practice and Practice: It may sound like a cliché, but the truth remains that doing is the key to get a high score. Average courses can only offer a limited amount of contact hours. The number of hours spent in the critique classroom or with the instructor / tutor can never be enough. While most GMAT classes are helpful in exposing you with basic principles of the test, no course can ensure you a high GMAT score unless you spend lots of hours every week practicing new tips & tactics in math. On the conservative side, one may require over 2 months to practice and over 3 practice tests to fully actualize one’s true potential and get a high GMAT Score
6. Study Aid: pupils ( and in some cases, new instructors ) often search for the ” best ” book on GMAT math. Present days, with so many other medium to learn from, for example GMAT CD / DVD, GMAT examination toolkit, Flashcard, Audio – book etc. the search for the one ” best ” study aid has got even more challenging and confusing. It is, Nevertheless ironical that despite departures of opinion on the ” best ” source, most of the study aids are very good and no single tool may be ” best ” or ” perfect ” or ” complete “. pupils interested in obtaining a high score, therefore, are recommended to: ( 1 ) choose a GMAT course that provides utmost number of contact hours, ( 2 ) purchase a book or CD or DVD toolkit which is standard and readily available, ( 3 ) use 1 and 2 from different sources i. e., book or CD from company A and schoolroom review course from company B.
7. GMAT mathematics training time: No matter how devoted and hard working one may be, a high GMAT math score cannot be earned overnight. One may need over two hours of mathematics practice for over 2 months. For those who feel that their preparedness for GMAT test is weak, or those who really need a very high GMAT score for uppermost business schools, it is recommended that they prepare for about 3 hours or more daily for 3 months or more. It is desirable to spread one ‘ s study hours and days over a long period of time. For illustration 2 hours of study over a 5 – day period is more advantageous than studying for 10 hours in a single day. Human head, can best learn and apply those learning, if it is trained in a slow manner. Without doubt, the examination requires a lot of learning and schooling of mind.
8. Days before the test: All the narratives about overnight wonders are false and therefore it is not helpful to study for long hours on the day of the exam or on the previous day of the test. In fact, the counter – intuitive stuff is purer. In order to earn a high score with one’s level of knowledge and preparedness, one should STOP studying for math 2 days before the true GMAT examination. By learning close to the true test or going to crash sessions of GMAT course, one may be doing more harm than gain from it. Experts have kept up this premise for several years. Test – takers must adhere to it in order to earn a high GMAT score in the GMAT examination.
9. Take GMAT practice tests: All hopefuls want to get a high GMAT score and most of them study in that way ( for example by taking an overpriced GMAT course of study ) but not everybody perform well in the GMAT math. The GMAT examination is as much about the content as it is about style. Theoretical knowledge of the format, and familiarity with themes and types of questions asked in the examination is essential, but not adequate. What is really necessary is actual practice with simulated tests. The more GMAT Simulated practice tests one gets, the more right one becomes with the stress, stress, structure, timing, one ‘ s strong points and failings. This in turn may help the said aspirant align his / her energies in the right way and secure a high GMAT score.
10. Don ‘ t kill over the GMAT exam: Without dispute, a high GMAT score may bring a clear advantage over other students who earn similar credentials but a lesser score. And a very high score in GMAT mathematics is crucial for very high score in the overall exam. Still, having said that, one is not required to get annoyed for not being able to do so. There are other factors that go in the GMAT exam, in the admission to business schools, and in life normally. The luck factor can also play a big part. One has to remember that one is lucky ( or unlucky ) only half the time. One has to work clever, and work many hours, but not at the cost of other wonderful things in life. Good luck!
, Vishal Nadeem ,http://ezinearticles.com/expert/Vishal_Nadeem/317854